Today’s Electronic Artist spotlight is Matan Zohar, better known as Mat Zo. He is only 23, but in a short amount of time, Mat Zo has managed to become #66 in the 2010 DJ Magazine Poll and created a #1 Beatport release with the song “Easy,” which Porter Robinson and Mat Zo teamed up to produce.
Mat Zo is a producer that has it all: he knows how to produce killer tracks, knows music theory, and can even play the guitar. He is also a well-rounded producer in the sense that he can produce multiple genres of EDM.
Under the alias MRSA, Mat Zo also produces drum and bass, and has released an album called “Sick Music” under Hospital Records. It is more Liquid DnB, which encompasses his trance and progressive house roots with beautiful chords and uplifting melodies, all over a breakbeat tempo.
The beautiful vocals he uses encompass so much meaning; the amount of heart and emotion he puts into each of his songs can make any person cry. His song “Different” is one of the best examples of a song that can make you feel like a child again (this is the best way I can describe the feeling you will get).
He is getting ready for his Damage Control Tour starting on November 5. This tour includes many stops in California, Texas, Florida, Australia, and a few other states including Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. If you can get out and see him, do so. You will not be disappointed!
- Mat Zo – Turn Up The Funk (thebanginbeats.com)
- Mat Zo Breaks Genre Boundaries With Damage Control Album [Album Stream] (youredm.com)
- Mat Zo Mixes Styles on ‘Damage Control’ – Album Premiere (rollingstone.com)
- Mat Zo – Lucid Dreams (The M Machine Remix) (TheMajorMinor.com)
- Mat Zo – Damage Control (Album) (TheMajorMinor.com)
- Giveaway: Alesso and Mat Zo at Light in Las Vegas (youredm.com)
- Pyramid Scheme (fnmv.wordpress.com)
- Mat Zo’s new album leaked (zonaedmc.com)